Skip to main content

Research Repository

Advanced Search

An exploration of factors influencing health managers' acceptance of eHealth services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Alshahrani, A.; Stewart, Derek; MacLure, Katie

Authors

A. Alshahrani

Derek Stewart

Katie MacLure



Abstract

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is a country with one of the largest land masses and difficult geographical terrain in the Middle East. The accessibility of advanced health services, especially for people in rural areas, has been considered one of the main health challenges. Health services across the country are accessible through three categories of providers. The Ministry of Health (MOH) which is the dominant health provider responsible for 60% of all health services and facilities. Private health sector and other government run health authorities are the providers for the remaining 40%. Many initiatives to embrace technology in healthcare were launched by the MOH to advance the level of acceptance. One of the initiatives was the ambitious eHealth national strategy which was launched in 2011 to govern eHealth projects across the country and set consistent standards, policies, and procedures for the practice activities. This study is sponsored by the MOH as part of a bigger plan to involve stakeholders in the digital transformation.

Citation

ALSHAHRANI, A., STEWART, D. and MACLURE, K. 2019. An exploration of factors influencing health managers' acceptance of eHealth services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Presented at the 2019 Health services research and pharmacy practice conference (HSRPP 2019), 8-9 April 2019, Birmingham, UK.

Presentation Conference Type Poster
Conference Name 2019 Health services research and pharmacy practice conference (HSRPP 2019)
Conference Location Birmingham, UK.
Start Date Apr 8, 2019
End Date Apr 9, 2019
Deposit Date Apr 16, 2019
Publicly Available Date May 23, 2019
DOI https://doi.org/10.1111/ijpp.12533
Keywords Public health; Environmental health; Occupational health; Health policy; Pharmaceutical science; Pharmacy
Public URL https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/237184
Additional Information Abstract published as:
ALSHAHRANI, A., STEWART, D. and MACLURE, K. 2019. An exploration of factors influencing health managers' acceptance of eHealth services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. International journal of pharmacy practice [online], 27(S2): abstracts of papers presented at the 2019 Health services research and pharmacy practice conference (HSRPP 2019), 8-9 April 2019, Birmingham, UK, pages 51-52. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1111/ijpp.12533

Files







You might also like



Downloadable Citations